Wednesday, February 13, 2008

8 days and counting...

Eight days from now I'll be leaving for South Africa. My plan is to stay in South Africa for 11 weeks -training and preparing for my time in Mozambique. Once in Mozambique I will be working as a part of the footprints program (handsatwork.org) with my friend Dara doing homecare nursing, palliative care, AIDS and orphan work, and who knows what else! It's going to be quite the adventure- I'm getting really excited to go! I'll try to keep everyone updated with this blog, as I should have internet access there. More once I get to Africa...

2 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Laura,
I'm so glad to see that you have started a blog. Now I have 2 African sites to visit, and your Mom and I can compare notes. Just be sure to make lots of entries, as your family and friends will be checking daily for updates!! -- We live vicariously through you guys, you know! I know that your life will be enriched by this experience, and I know that those working with you and those who are helped by you will blessed, also. May God be with you, protect you, and guide you in His service! God bless you.
-Joan Haskey

Bowie said...

Hi Laura !!

Cool to see that you going back to Africa. I hope to ho back myself to mercy ships ore maybe just go back to Liberia ,work with Fatima orphanage.

I'll pray for you and your trip

Bowie