Friday, August 29, 2008




Dara and I are with Carlos and Pascua's kids here (Carlos is our boss). We get along great with the family and really enjoy spending time with them. Last week we had a dance party at their house with Carlos playing the accordian!
The lady in this picture in Inish- she's one of the volunteers that we go out with. This picture was taken way out in the bushes- we walked so far that day! There are lots of paths that go through the bushes with huts spaced out about 500 meters apart.
It's pretty common to see trucks like this on the road. Scary. There are constantly vehicles broken down on the side of the road. They are so hard on them here.
On Sunday I'll be flying to Zambia for two weeks. I'll be going with my American friend Jean Aimee who also works with Hands at Work, and lives in South Africa. We'll be doing some teaching to local nurses there about primary health care, HIV, AIDS, childhood diseases etc. I have no idea what Zambia will be like, so it'll be interesting. I'm anticipating it'll be hot.

1 comment:

denise said...

Woe, that truck does look very shaky!!!
I will be keeping you in prayer, Laura, as you travel.
May it be a time of renewal, seeing your friend, and may it be just a great two weeks for you!!

Love the pictures, and lift you up as you serve the King!!

Blessings and love,

Denise