Monday, August 11, 2008

lesson 26- watch where you sit.

Well, I’ve still got a few things left to learn about Africa. This morning I got up early to take a walk, and found a nice, quiet place on the side of the dirt road to sit and think. As I was “sitting” and “thinking”, two nice Mozambican ladies came walking along the road. We greeted each other as they passed, but instead of the normal length “stare at the white girl”, they stopped and lingered. They were staring at me and pointing at where I was sitting. I stood up to talk to them and they asked me if I spoke Portuguese. A little I said. They rattled off a string of Portuguese- I missed most of it, but I did catch the key word- “cobra”. I was sitting right in the middle of two snake holes- about a foot from each hole. Needless to say I didn’t sit back down. After thanking them profusely I decided to walk a bit and watch where I sat next time…

1 comment:

denise said...

Woe Laura, that must have been so scary!!! Praise God He brought those ladies to you, and you got up and out of the way!!!