Sunday, November 9, 2008

a few pictures...

Pascua, Carlos’ wife, cooks all of her meals outside on a charcoal stove. She’s mastered baking carrot cake on this stove-something one of the last western girls showed her how to cook. This is a picture of me teaching Pascua how to make ‘no bake chocolate cookies’. We had a great time… Carlos loves the cookies and calls them “his heart”.
We have a lot of fun hanging out with Carlos and his family. This is his baby, Jessie. She was born in the same month that my nephew Mason was, so I have a fun time watching her grow and thinking of Mason. Here she is taking a bath on their patio… so cute.


Have I mentioned that there are a lot of bugs here? We’ve learned to cohabitate quite nicely with the spiders - it’s the cockroaches that I have not learned to love yet. When we first moved into the house we saw giant spiders like this on the walls, and were told, “oh, those are ‘crack spiders’ we don’t kill those”. So, Dara and I never really questioned why we don’t kill them, but we’ve gone along with it….


2 comments:

Dad said...

Now I remember Grandma Renaud saying, If you see a spider, always kill it, because it will just make cobwebs somewhere! So that's what I always do :) I'm not sure now I could adjust living with Those long-legged things.

Mom

denise said...

Oh Jessie is so cute and his Mom looks so sweet!!
Dara does nice spider photography work!!!

Bless you all,

Denise